Immune Boosting Chicken & Corn Soup
- 2 cups (500ml) The Art of Whole Food Chicken Broth (Now available at Delish)
- 1 cob of corn with kernels sliced off
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or Mirin.
- 1 tsp ginger, minced or finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely chopped
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with a splash of cold water
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken (poached and shredded or leftover BBQ chicken)
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp sliced shallots
- Sesame oil, to garnish (only a few drops)
- Place broth, corn, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, ginger, garlic and cornflour / water mixture in a saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to boil, then turn down the heat to medium and stir occasionally. Cook for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, turn off heat, and slowly whisk in the egg so it cooks in “ribbons” throughout the soup. This also thickens the soup.
- Add the chicken, season with white pepper, and serve, garnished with shallots & a drizzle of sesame oil.
For extra ‘greenery’ you can add Chinese broccoli and/or Bok Choy or baby spinach
Recipe Supplied by The Art of Whole Food – Chicken & Bone Broth now available at Delish!