Potato, White Bean & Kale Soup
- 1/2 large onion chopped into medium sized pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 6 tsp The Broth Sisters Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 1 litre hot water
- 500g creamy dutch potatoes chopped medium
- 1 can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups kale, ribs removed and torn into smaller pieces
- salt & pepper
For the crostinis
- 1/2 sourdough baguette, sliced into slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Heat in a large pot over medium heat with 1 tsp olive oil. Saute onions for 5-7 minutes until translucent. Add in minced garlic and cook through until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Pour in hot water and add vegetable stock concentrate, potatoes, cannellini beans and rosemary. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Make the crostinis by combining 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced garlic and a pinch of salt. Press and smash the garlic and rosemary into the olive oil with the back of a spoon to release the flavours. Lay sourdough slices on a baking sheet. Evenly divide olive oil mixture on top of ah slice. Bake in upper third of oven until crostinis are crispy for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the kale to the soup and cook 5 more minutes. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, then allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with crostinis.
Recipe by The Broth Sisters.