Shoulder of Lamb, Caramelised Vegetables and Marinated Goat Cheese
- 1.5k Trimmed Shoulder Of Lamb
- 1tsp Grnd Coriander 1tsp Grnd Fennel Seed 1/2tsp Grnd Cardamom
- 1tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- 1tsp Grnd Pepper
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 4 Red Onions, Peeled And Cut In Half
- 2 Garlic Heads, Top Quarter Cut Off
- 1/2 Bunch Lemon Thyme Sprigs
- 1.5 Bunches Dutch Carrots, Peeled
- 4 Parsnips, Peeled, Cut In 4 Pieces Lengthways
- 2 Bulbs Fennel Cut In 2cm Slices
- 1tsp Honey
- 1 Jar Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese – Now available at Delish!
- Combine spices, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil, make 3-4 slashes across the top of the lamb and rub over. Preheat oven to 140C.
- Put lamb in a large roasting tin with the garlic, onions and lemon thyme, pour 125ml water around the lamb.
- Cover tightly with sheet of foil, place in oven. Cook 4 hours.
- Place prepared vegetables around lamb.
- Put lamb and vegetables in oven and cook for 30 minutes, re-covering lamb with foil if it seems to be burning.
- Remove from oven, combine vegetables with Meredith Dairy Marinated Goat Cheese, and arrange with lamb on a warm platter.
- Pull the lamb into chunks to serve.
Recipe supplied by Meredith Dairy