Crispy Skinned Barra
- 2 Slightly Green Bananas (Peeled & Quartered lengthways)
- 1 cup chopped Fresh Coriander
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea Salt & Ground Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- 4 x 200g Barramundi Fillets (Skin on)
- 2 Oranges
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Limes
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Peppercorns (Roughly crushed)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Zest the oranges, lemon and limes and put in a bowl. Juice the lemon and add to the bowl.
- Segment the oranges and limes and put them in the bowl along with any juice. Then add the peppercorns and olive oil and stir well.
- Season the banana pieces and pan-fry in a very hot pan until they are lightly browned on both sides. Add the coriander and the lemon juice, and remove from the heat. Do not over cook.
- Coat the barramundi skin with sea salt. Heat a clean pan until very hot. Add a little oil and panfry the fillets skin side down until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Turn fillets over and finish cooking.
- To serve, place 6 pieces of banana in the middle of the plate. Place barramundi fillet on top, skin side up. Finally top with the citrus relish
Recipe supplied by our fish farm Coral Coat Barramundi.
The farm is dedicated to producing top quality sustainably farmed Aussie Seafood! Read more about them here