Easy Pad See Eew
This recipe was created by our resident Delish chef Dan Nguyen.
- 1 tblsp sugar
- 2 tblsp light soy sauce
- 2 tblsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tblsp kecup manis
- 1 packet thick rice noodle 500g – 1kg (now stocked at Delish)
- baby corn
- button mushrooms
- garlic chives
- baby bok choy
- onion cut into wedges
- 1 clove garlic
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside (this quantity of sauce will be enough for 500gm of noodles, alter to quantity of noodles on hand, this sauce is also what flavours the veggies below in the final cooking).
- Wash and cut the above vegetables to your preferred liking and quantity, stir fry the vegetables in vegetable oil and once cooked set aside
- Reheat 500gm (or how much noodles you would prefer) in a covered microwave proof bowl for approx 1 minute then take out and shake gently, microwave a further 1 minute. Take noodles and place into the sauce followed by the precooked vegetables.
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl and set aside. Heat your work or pan of choice (if your wok or pan cannot hold all of the noodles and veg, absolutely fine to cook in batches. Just make sure that you add more eggs to recipe or to your liking. Do not overfill your pan or wok, you want enough heat in the pan/wok to sear and char the noodles slightly).
- Add vegetable oil to your heated pan/wok (smoking hot is good) add the beaten eggs and stir around in the oil to create a scrambled omelette, once that is achieved add the sauce/noodle/veg into the pan/wok and stir fry through until the noodles are cooked and the sauce is absorbed thoroughly.
- Taste the noodles, and adjust seasoning to your liking!
If adding any meats to noodles, make sure that the meats are cooked before hand to ensure you have a dryer style stir fry noodle. If adding tofu, make sure that you only use hard tofu or tofu puffs. Silken or soft tofu will not work.
Garnish with coriander and sliced chillies if desired