WATERMELON, CUCUMBER, MINT + HALLOUMI SALAD
One of the simplest and most delicious salads, great over summer and perfect for the Xmas spread!
1/4 Watermelon cubed (approx. 1kg)
2 Cucumbers halved and thickly sliced
250g halloumi sliced and peppered
2 Tbsp olive oil + extra for drizzling.
½ bunch of Mint
Pepper to garnish
1. Place cubed watermelon, sliced cucumber and half of the mint leaves in a bowl.
2. Squeeze the juice of 2 big juicy limes and pour olive oil on top, then toss gently to get covered in dressing.
3. Sear halloumi in a pan or on hot plate for 1-2 minutes with just a dash of olive oil.
4. Place all bowl contents in serving dish and top with the rest of mint leaves, then tear halloumi in chunks over top.
5. Finish with a grind of coarse pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.