Grilled Moreton Bay Bugs with Coriander Butter
2kg of Moreton Bay Bugs to be butterflied, cutting down soft underside
½ bunch of chopped coriander
4 cloves of minced garlic
200g of butter, left out to soften or warmed slightly
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Combine cubed softened butter with chopped coriander and minced garlic and chill into butter ready to use.
2. Heat BBQ with lid down until medium high.
3. Place bugs cut side up and drizzle with oil and season with salt & pepper.
4. Cook on BBQ, shell side down for approx. 6 mins until almost cooked, then finish flesh down for 1minute to lightly char.
5. Serve flesh side up with herbed butter run along flesh (be generous!).