Prawns with Decadent Sage Butter
- 1kg prawns (prawns heads can be removed and body butterflied and de-veined if preferred)
- 250g butter
- 1 bunch of sage
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to season
- (optional parmesan for sprinkling)
1. Heat BBQ with lid down, get as hot as possible.
2. Place butter in pan and melt on medium heat.
3. Once melted, add garlic and sage leaves and cook until butter has a light hazelnut brown colour appearing (being careful not to overcook as butter will become bitter). Remove from heat.
4. Grill prawns on bbq for approx. 2 mins each side making sure prawns are still succulent.
5. Plate prawns and pour nutty sage butter over top. Season with salt & pepper.
Tip: When plating make sure there is enough butter to wipe prawns in before consuming, parmesan can also be sprinkled on if desired!