Manu’s Pappardelle meatballs with Diane sauce
- 2 x 300g Dan’s pasta Pappardelle
- 1 x 500g wagyu beef mince
- 1 x 500g gourmet traditional pork sausage
- 1 cup of stale bread (no crust)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup parmesan
- A handful chopped parsley
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Salt & pepper
- 2 pouches of Diane Sauce by Manu
- Place the bread into a bowl and pour the milk over and let it soak for few minutes., then squeeze the milk out of the bread, discard the milk and tear the bread into small pieces, set aside
- Next split the sausage open and discard the skin, in a large bowl combine the sausage meat, beef mince, bread, eggs, half the parmesan, half the parsley, salt & pepper and mix well using your hands
- Shape the meatballs the size of a golf balls, set aside.
- In the meantime cook the pappardelle into a large pot of salted boiling water until ‘al dente’
- At the same time Heat a large frying pan on medium heat, pour in some olive oil and fry the meatballs in batches until caramelised all around, bring all the meatball back in the frying pan, pour in the pouches of Diane Sauce, bring it to simmer, then add in the cooked pappardelle, stir well.
- Divide the pasta & meatball into 4 or 6 pasta bowls, sprinkle parmesan & parsley, drizzle with olive oil and an extra crack of pepper for the adult.