Black mussels and French fries with bacon and The Sauce By Manu red wine sauce
- 2kg black mussels (cleaned)
- 200g streaky bacon (cut into lardons)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely sliced)
- 2 pouches of The Sauce By Manu red wine sauce
- Potatoes (preferably russet for frying)
- 1 small handful chopped Flat parsley
- Oil for frying
- For the fries, peel the potatoes and cut them into 1cm chips and soak them into cold water for at least an hour or more if you can
- Drain the potato chips and pat them dry
- Heat the frying oil to 150C. Fry the chips in batches for 4 to 5 minutes or just blonde and drain them on a paper towel, set aside and turn up the oil to 200C
- In the meantime place a large pot on medium to high heat. Drizzle in some olive oil, when hot, add the onion to the pan, cook for a minute or so then add the bacon and cook until caramelised, then add the garlic, cook for another minute. Next add the mussels and give them a good stir.
- Pour in 2 pouches of The Sauce By Manu red wine sauce, stir well. Put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes or until all the mussels are open and sprinkle with parsley.
- To finish the chips add them back to the oil, cooking them in batches until they are golden brown and crispy, drain them on paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the pot of mussels and chips on the table to share!
All ingredients available at www.delishdeliveries.com.au