Stuffed Chicken Breast with Prosciutto & Potato Rosti and Peppercorn Sauce – By Manu
Lockdown Lunch with Manu – Episode 4.
- 2 x chicken breasts
- 1 bunch English spinach (washed, leaves)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 500g russet potatoes
- 100g butter (melted)
- 50g butter
- 1 pouch of peppercorn sauce
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 C
- Peel then grate the potatoes in a large bowl.
Grab a handful of grated potatoes and squeeze out excess liquid and repeat until all is done, add the melted butter, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Place a small non stick frying pan on the medium heat, add in the butter in, when melted place the potato in the pan, using a spatula tidy the edges of the pan and slightly push down to an even surface.
- Cook the rosti for about 12 minute or until golden and crispy.
- In the meantime place a large frying pan on a high heat, drizzle some olive oil, when hot, add in the garlic and straight away throw in the spinach, season with salt & pepper and cook out of the pan to a plate to cool.
- For the chicken roulades, place the chicken breasts skin side down onto the chopping board cut a slit lengthways in the centre of the breast, then fill the pockets with the spinach, roll close and set aside.
- Place 2 slices of prosciutto side by side on your chopping board, then place one of the spinach filled chicken breast on, roll it tight and repeat with the second on.
- Check on you rosti and if ready flip over and cook for another 8 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Now place a frying pan on a medium to high heat, drizzle with olive oil, when hot, fry the chicken roulade on all sides until the prosciutto in caramelised, the place in the oven for about 10 minutes or so.
- Finally place the rosti in the oven for a final 4 minutes.
- Bring the sauce to the boil and you are ready to plate
Bon Appetit !!