BEEF STROGANOFF WITH PASTA AND MUSHROOM SAUCE – BY MANU
Lockdown Lunch: Episode 6 .
Tune in LIVE at 11:30am, 2nd September to watch Manu dish up Beef Stroganoff with pasta & of course, Manu’s Mushroom Sauce!
*** Updated place! We’re live from Manu’s Instagram page:
- 500gr tagliatelle
- 500g fillet steak (cut into strips)
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 brown onions (sliced)
- 200 g button mushroom (sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 2 x 150 g pouches The Sauce by Manu, mushroom sauce
- 200gr cream fraiche
- Dill leaves and Flat-parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove to boil.
- Put the beef strips into a bowl, add in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, both sweet and smoked sweet paprika and season with some salt and pepper. Mix well to coat and set aside.
- Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium heat with the remaining olive oil. Add the onions and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes or until slightly caramelised then add the garlic and cook for 15 seconds. Remove the cooked mushroom and onions from the pan and transfer onto a plate.
- When the water is finally boiling, throw in the pasta.
- Using the same frying pan, place it back on the stove and increase the heat to high. Working in batches, add the marinated beef and fry for 1 minute until brown, but not cooked through. Using tongs, remove the meat from the pan and transfer onto another plate and set aside, keeping warm.
- Reduce the heat down to medium, throw the beef, onions and mushroom back in the pan, pour in the mushroom sauce and bring to simmer.
- Strain the pasta
- Divide the cooked pappardelle on serving plates and spoon over the stroganoff. To finish, place a dollop of crème fraiche over and garnish with the herbs.