BARBECUED BEEF SKEWERS & WITLOF SALAD BY MANU WITH DIANE SAUCE
Lockdown Lunch with Manu Episode 9
- 700 g sirloin or scotch fillet, cut into 2 ½ cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and cut into 2 ½ cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded and cut into 2 ½ cm pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 20 button mushrooms
- Sea salt freshly cracked pepper
- Witlof 3-4 bunches
- Labna cheese (or any cheese of your choice)
- Chives bunch
For the marinade
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 120 ml olive oil, plus extra for greasing the BBQ grill
- The Sauce by Manu – Diane pouch X2
- Soak skewers in water to clean them and remove any dirt.
- Chop meat into small cubes and marinate with mustard, oregano, thyme, salt & pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Dice yellow and red capsicum, and Spanish onion into small squares the same size as the meat. Evenly distribute with meat and button mushroom across the skewer (about 4 chunks of meat per skewer).
- Place straight onto hot grill to cook. You won’t need to add oil as they marinade for this will have been enough!
- Peel apart witlof salad leaves and layer into a bowl. Add labna cheese, chives, and crumbled walnuts. For the dressing, mix mustard, vinegar of your choice, salt & pepper, and oil and drizzle over salad.
- Turn skewers and cook to your desired preference. Serve alongside witlof salad. Bon Appétit!